After perusing the internet I came up with a recipe that was getting good reviews from other breadmakers so I thought I would give it a try.
My first atttempt was a big improvement on the previous loaves, but still needed tweaking.
After a couple of more goes, this morning I adjusted the recipe slightly more and lo and behold I have rolls and a brown loaf that looks good enough to eat. I will try them for my lunch shortly.
I am especially pleased with the rolls, they look as good as those in a baker's window. I just hope they taste as good!
After this success I decided to carry on and make a fruit cake and a sponge sandwich.
I should have stopped whilst I was ahead. I burnt the fruit cake (and one layer of the sponge), and the sponge is about an inch deep (:
I stuck the two pieces of sponge (if it can be called that) together with Strawberry jam. The top cracked in half just to finish it off. A sprinkling of icing sugar makes it look a bit better.
I have never been good at sandwich cakes, but this must rate as one of my worst attempts :(