Friday 5 October 2012

A Baking Morning in the Pud Bears Household

I was given a breadmaker a few weeks ago.  The first attempt would have made good doorstops. I persevered with the recipes in the booklet that came with the machine, but with no luck.
After perusing the internet I came up with a recipe that was getting good reviews from other breadmakers so I thought I would give it a try.
My first atttempt was a big improvement on the previous loaves, but still needed tweaking.
After a couple of more goes, this morning I adjusted the recipe slightly more and lo and behold I have rolls and a brown loaf that looks good enough to eat.  I will try them for my lunch shortly.

I am especially pleased with the rolls, they look as good as those in a baker's window.  I just hope they taste as good!











After this success I decided to carry on and make a fruit cake and a sponge sandwich.
I should have stopped whilst I was ahead. I burnt the fruit cake (and one layer of the sponge), and the sponge is about an inch deep (:
After scraping the burnt bits off I cut a wedge of the fruit cake. Surprisingly it looks ok inside, quite moist.



I stuck the two pieces of sponge (if it can be called that) together with Strawberry jam.  The top cracked in half just to finish it off.  A sprinkling of icing sugar makes it look a bit better.
I have never been good at sandwich cakes, but this must rate as one of my worst attempts :(











No comments:

Post a Comment