Saturday 20 August 2011

Here is the Airedale Terrier that I was working on at the end of my last post.


The before photo
 (the shot isn't at an angle, he was leaning like this)

Much happier, amd he doesn't
look like he's going downhill now!
He didn't need a lot doing, just new eyes and a bit of stuffing to cure his lean.
He can be found on my Etsy site www.etsy.com/shop/PollyKay11
There have been quite a few views and some enquiries so I am not expecting him to be around long.

Here are the two new bears I have to clean up that I mentioned in my last post.  I have named the pretty pink  one Rose and the other one Mammy (that bundle is actually a baby bear!)


                                  
Rose is a bit faded and grubby, but Mammy is really dirty.  It will take quite a lot of rubbing and brushing to get her clean.  She has a music box that plays a lullaby, but I haven't looked close enough yet to see if she should actually rock the baby.  She has a Chiltern label, but I haven't been able to find a reference to her yet.
I love both of these bears' faces, so gentle.
I am off work yet again, only been back 2 weeks and the sciatica and arthritis pain is back again.  To be honest I really don't know how much longer I can do the job as I am on my feet all day. 
Why did they have to move the goalposts for womens' retirement?  I am 60 in 5 weeks so I would have been able to have retired.  Now I need to be 61 and half to get my state pension.  I have never claimed unemployment benefits etc and have always worked, apart from when my children were little.  Now it feels as if I will be forced into the benefits system as I can't go out to work. 
I am selling a few bears and dogs, but not enough to replace my (small) wages from the store.
Off to give Rose her 'grooming' now, look out for her on Etsy shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment