Thursday 7 April 2011

And here is one I made earlier

Here is the next blog on my preparation for opening a Sunday Pud Bears shop at a craft unit in a couple of weeks time.

I have been doing my Blue Peter bit today.

I braved the depths of my husbands workshop and found some old matchpots of paint and a large tin of white emulsion.  Then using plastic food trays I mixed 3 of the colours into the white until I had 3 pastel shades that I was happy with.

It was a lovely warm sunny Spring day so I was able to paint outside in the garden.  The cardboard boxes that I showed you in my last blog took 3 coats of paint to cover to my satisfaction, then I stamped a few little bears on the smaller boxes in contrasting colours.  That didn't work quite as well as I had hoped, but they don't look too bad.  I decided that my idea of having some of the boxes with stripes and some with spots was a bit over ambitious and would look too much, so left the other boxes plain.
I have been able to keep all but two of the boxes open on one side so they will be able to be stored inside each other for transportation.
The bears and rabbits above are available in my Folksy and Etsy shops
www.folksy.com/shops/pudbearsandfriends
www.etsy.com/shop/PollyKay11
I think they look quite good made up.  The small fabric pieces are curtain samples, so no cost there either and I like the  bit of extra colour  they give to the display.

I now have the two 3 box display units plus the two box one which will have my Mum's old suitcase on top, open to display one or two bears.  I have seen mohair bears displayed in old suitcases before and thought how well they went together.  With two folding chairs covered in knitted blankets and my work table and chair I am hoping enough floor space will be covered to make the unit look 'lived in'.  I also have two little folding picnic tables if I need them.

My brother-in-law has made a start on the hanging sign for above the door.   He enjoys doing that sort of thing and is quite good at making decorative things from wood.

The next project will be working out how to hang information cards and photos from the (very blank, very white) walls without putting nails or screws in (we are not allowed to).

11 days to go until my first Sunday, and still so much I want to do.  I have one more bunny to make, more small bears,  plus some new knitted items - not sure what to call them yet - Pudlets?  Puddings?  Pudballs? 


 Here are a couple made up, any suggestions? They don't have to have Pud in their name, I just thought it might be appropriate.













1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I love no cost solutions. The suitcase will make a fabulous display too.
    Cant wait to see the grand opening.

    ReplyDelete