Wednesday 12 March 2014

Cotton Plush can be as Beautiful as Mohair - Just Look at This Toy Dog.

I have usually avoided getting bears and animals made from cotton as I preferred the mohair.
Just lately I have had a couple of cotton plush ones that have made me change my mind.
Firstly there was this Sooty type bear -

Poor Sooty had lost his head


He brushed up really well and looked so cute.
Sooty is now SOLD
Sooty looked a proper charmer when I had mended and cleaned him up, and found a new home in a couple of days.
Then there is this dog, which I was originally told was a cat.



He looks totally different now, and is definitely a dog of some sort.  He would have originally had glass eyes and a hard nose as the holes were there.  I used 'artistic licence' for his mouth.  I managed to get his ears to turn over slightly at the tip which gives him more of a terrier look.  A Cairn Terrier possibly?  He is available in my Etsy shop.
After how these two have turned out, I will be on the lookout for more of these cotton plush toys.

1 comment: