Tuesday 25 March 2014

A Lost Voice and Feeling Creative

I have had a bad week, with a bad bout of Flu and Laryngitis.  A week of not being able to talk is very frustrating.  I can now manage a very deep, monotone type of speech thanks to the web and the tricks I have picked up.
Apparently one of the worse things you can do with Laryngitis is whisper, as this puts a huge strain on your voice box!  The things you can learn on the www. lol
The trick is to take deep breaths and try to speak slowly in a deep voice whilst exhaling.  It does work, but takes quite a bit of concentrating and makes you sound like a robot.  It does not feel a strain either, as trying to force a whisper does.
Anyway, in between various pill popping I have been quite creative.
There is a full Summer season of Craft Fairs looming, and I need to come up with new ideas.  Every year I try my hand at something different, with varying degrees of success.
Pincushions, knitted bears, soft toys with new knitted outfits, and of course there are still a few little mohair bears on my stall.
So far I have completed 2 covered notebooks, a pretty quilted cushion, and 2 small decorative cushions with pockets.  I am not sure what the pockets could be used for? - earrings, spectacles, tooth fairy cushions? 
Large cushion 12" square and small 7" square

Covered A5 ruled notebooks
The cushions have soft fur fabric backs which makes them feel very luxurious. 
I have found the sewing with fabric to have the same effect as sewing with mohair, in that I am always on the lookout for new fabric to use and spend long periods practically drooling over the lovely designs that are available. 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh - you have been busy! Have you tried just selling the knitted outfits on their own? When we went to Hugglets this year, we were nearby a stall that was selling teddy jumpers, and they were doing a roaring trade!

    I am hoping to do more shows this summer too - and my strategy is the same as yours - new things! I shall look forward to seeing what you come up with next :-)

    ReplyDelete