Tuesday 28 June 2011

Small is beautiful

The small bears are evolving nicely.  The last two 5" bears have turned out well.  The pattern really seems to suit the sparse mohair.
I was really impressed with their photos too.  Not sure what I have done differently but I have managed to block out all of the background giving a very professional look.  (well I think so anyway).


This is Timmy...

....and this is Lester
Both of these 5" bears are available from my online shop at Folksy, priced at just £20 each + postage.

The vintage  bears are proving popular and a good talking point at my Alby Crafts Sunday shop.

I am now taking old soft toys and vintage bears for mending and restoration. As long as they are not too damaged  as I am not experienced enough for major restoration work.  Eyes, ears and rejointing is fine, but I wouldn't feel comfortable to do patching or limb replacement to valuable old bears yet.

One of the bears and the puppy dog have found new homes after having some work done a clean up.

I find it to be a satisfying feeling to make these old toys look good again, and hope they are going to homes where they will be loved and admired for many more years.

LtoR - Georgie, Humphrey, Billy.  Brian is sold
The little puppy dog in the front is also sold

No comments:

Post a Comment