Tuesday 28 June 2011

I've been busy knitting

I can't do much at the moment because of sciatica so I have been half sitting/half laying here knitting bears.
When I started to put them together I realised that I had no large neck joints left.
I am well impressed with Bear Basic's service - I ordered Monday and received the parcel on Tuesday :)
Here are the pieces to be made into 3 large knitted bears.  I had made one of the heads and then realised I had no safety joints large enough to fasten it to the body.  The knitted bears only have the one plastic joint, the arms and legs are string jointed.

This one is made from 4 different wools - 2 whites, a blue/purple mix and green.
I am looking forward to seeing the finished bear.

A mix of blues in an eyelash yarn doubled
When are you going to put my body together?
This is a wonderful bluey grey mix in a long hairy yarn.
I have changed the design of the foot.  On the left is the original stubby version.
They now have a more pronounced foot as in my mohair bears.

I will take more photographs later today when I have assembled these bears.

2 comments:

  1. Great work love watching them come to life. I did wonder how the top photo could be a bear.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    {Dab and a dash.}

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable. I can't wait to see them assembled. Hope you sciatica feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete