Thursday 10 November 2011

Mini Bears, Fairies, and a Missing Leg

I have been trying to finish 3 little 4" bears for what seems like ages now.
There is a blue one, a white one and a brown one.  I have finally got their heads done and set about stuffing and jointing them. when I came across a problem - a missing leg.
I am sure I had all the limbs when they were stitched up and have searched everywhere I can think of for the elusive leg. 
One possiblity was that Foggy Puss has decided it was a great game to kick it about the floor and it could have been under the china cabinet, or the armchairs.  We checked, with Alan tipping all the chairs back so I could see under them, and shining a light under the cabinet, but no luck. 
The trouble is I have no more of the mohair so I cannot even make a replacement.
Here are the little heads, the brown one may have to have different coloured limbs.


I have decided that in future I will make one bear at a time instead of making 3 at once as I have been doing.  I want to try a few different head shapes too, although I will not stop making my traditional looking little bears as the customers do seem to like them.

I am still busy with the old bears too.  At present I have a white Austrian bear sitting in the airing cupboard drying out as she had to have a surface wash (she is cotton plush not mohair).





 Also a 1940's Chiltern bear is waiting patiently for me to finish knitting his sailor jacket as he has lost a lot of mohair and needs the warmth.

On the subject of Chrtistmas (sorry, but it is racing towards us), I have made 4 Christmas tree fairies from little dolls.

Pink and White Fairy
Blue Fairy
Pink Fluffy Fairy
Rose Pink Fairy

I first made one of these type of Fairies using a doll that my Nanny got me from Woolworths in the 1950's.  I made her 40 years ago and she still sits on top of my Christmas tree every year.
Not for Sale - this one's mine!

The fairies are available from my Folksy shop www.folksy.com/shops/PudBearsandFriends , Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/PollyKay11 or message me at www.pollysvintagebears.weebly.com

They are priced at £5,50 each plus £2.50 postage to the UK.


No comments:

Post a Comment