Monday 2 June 2014

A Fleeting Visit From a Terrier and Three More Pud Bears are Born

I enjoyed making the 12" Panda so much I have made two more 12" bears.  

Fuzz standing
This one is made from light brown long pile sparse mohair with a slightly darker backing.  He can nearly stand unaided, but did need a little help in the shape of a small stapler.  When he was completed I felt he needed a fashion accessory.  I tried the usual ribbons and lace, but they just were not right for him.  I found these beads in my oddments drawer and they are perfect for him. 
I have named him Fuzz.




Loving the goatee beard look
 
 




This next one named Treacle Panda is a new 3 coloured Panda with striking bronze coloured ears and upper chest.  I have started putting white behind the Pandas eyes. This makes them stand out much better and seems to give the bears more life. 


Treacle Panda was born in the garden surrounded by Roses and bird song. This week's weather has been lovely and warm so far, and I have been taking my sewing outside.

Next is this little 8" red bear named Jill.  Her look was created  when I found the bow with anchors on it in my buttons and bows box.  I knew I had material decorated with boats, so made her a summer dress to complete the look.  I do not do many dressed bears so I am pleased with how she has turned out


Lastly, here is a handsome black and white terrier dog made by Wendy Boston that visited me for a short while.  He was only listed on Etsy for under 12 hours before he was snapped up by a lucky customer.
The Pud Bears shown above are for sale in my Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/pollysvintagebears 
Go and have a browse, there are many vintage bears, animals, dolls and other toys available as well as the Pud Bears artist bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment